Wednesday, July 11, 2012

South Korea

I have been a bit slow getting back to posting here but I needed to get myself settled in Seoul and working on my project. I am here to observe the protest/demonstration against the Japanese military's forced prostitution against South Korean women during WWII, studying it in the historical sense and as a current event. I was able to observe my first protest today and it was quite interesting, it is held every Wednesday outside of the Japanese embassy, the same woman who was forced into sexual slavery by the Japanese has been there every single Wednesday since 1992, over 1000 times now. I will elaborate more on this subject later.

My secondary goal is to compare Chinese and Korean culture since I will have spent time in each country by this project's end. I am also undertaking an unrelated project to learn a second language, which is not Korean but I am learning the basics of that to aid in my survival here.

Not much else I am going to report now. I will get a picture update in soon enough and try to be more specific on what I have been up to.

All for now,
-Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment