Sunday, May 20, 2012

Late Update

I know it is two weeks since I last updated this blog. I have been pretty busy with school and other stuff lately so have not managed to get towards having any good updates here recently. I have some projects due soon and finals are coming up in a few more weeks.

The biggest thing I did since the last update was going to the smaller neighboring city of Suzhou. It is famous for its gardens and has a nice old town area where canals run through the city. It has been referred to as the Venice of the East but I don't think the two cities are all that similar other than they have canals. I met a few interesting people and got to see a decent amount of the sights; the gardens there are really beautiful. I will try to get a picture update up in the next day or two.

Today I ended up on a 4-5 hour walk with my language partner, going from Fudan all the way to the bund which is where you go to see the main skyline of Shanghai. We mostly just hang our and talk English. I will correct some of her mistakes then I usually just ask some questions about Chinese. I still do not know conversational level Chinese, mostly just phrases and some reading and writing. I personally find it to be a difficult language but it can still be learned with some perseverance.

I'll keep this short for now and will get the picture update up when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment